The Canes have strung together four
wins in a row. We haven’t seen that since October 21, 2006 when we
capped a run that included Houston, a 3-9 UNC, That Alleged University
on Eighth Street and Dook. The cast of characters this year isn’t much
more impressive, but I will say that I’m glad to see us on the upswing.
Our freshman are just sick and not only am I excited about what is to
come, I only imagine what could be if these guys get some decent
coaching to accompany that talent. With that, we are one Botch from
being back in the driver’s seat for the ACC title, and Navy Tech can
set it up for a showdown with us in three weeks if they get the win
At this point, a win is a win, but I have to say that this is one of
the ugliest wins I’ve seen us take in a long time. 448 yards on offense
only netted us 24 points, so I have to be worried. Turnovers and
penalties continue to be problematic and Shannon/PNix need to address
those issues ASAP.
For the Quarterback situation continuing, I find it a bit unnerving
that although Marve and Harris played about the same amount, Harris
seems to be/(allowed to be) throwing downfield much more. If this is a
PNix play calling issue, then he can suck it. If Harris is making
better reads and “getting it done,” then he needs to be taking the
majority of the snaps. I’m still not getting my shorts in a twist just
yet about these guys though. They are both fighters and can will this
team to victory.
Defense was still a bit soft out of the box, but tightened up when it
counted pitching another second-half shutout. Vag ran the ball about
half as much as they tried to throw, only yielding 71 yards (mostly all
by Peerman) and averaging 3.1 per carry. With the strip on the last
play, I can be hopeful that we will keep being aggressive and force
some more turnovers. We’re still -4 on turnovers for the year (ranking
87th nationally) and need to reverse that.
Special Teams were schizophrenic as usual. The muffed kick was a fail,
and the returns pretty vanilla. Bosher also surprised my by shorting
that potential game winner, but he’s been good on field goals this
year, so it’s not tragic. The rumor is also out there that it was
tipped, which would vindicate him if true. A 50-yarder isn’t a given,
but he doesn’t usually have a problem with range there.
Now the Fails:
– Two results this week, one being ours, just threw the divisions for a
loop in terms of who could win. The Coastal is a jumble with five teams
effectively tied at two losses apiece. VT controls their destiny. GT,
UM, NC and VA all are in the hunt, but none are guaranteed a trip to
Tampa simply by winning out. The Atlantic has MD on top with WF and
That Clown College for Girls waiting to pounce should they fall.
– For crying after your OT loss to a bunch of freshmen. Besides, we
owed you. 24-17 Hurricanes win four straight.
Officiating Crew – I have no idea what game these guys
were watching, and the fact that they scrutinized every big play we
made was just annoying, if not extremely biased. I’m all for “getting
it right,” but the non-reviewable blown calls were pretty putrid.
– The Criminoles gave up 21 points in the second quarter and managed to
fumble away the go-ahead touchdown in the final minute. Honorable
mention for the Bees because That Clown College for Girls almost
recovered their own fumble due to the Tech player who thought to scoop
up the ball instead of falling on it for the touchback. 31-28 Jello
– With a chance to solidify Clemple’s failure this year, the Fecals
managed to be down 17-0 at the half and couldn’t quite catch up. 27-21
– Cuntcliffe stated that he won’t abandon Dook to replace Fat Phil at
Tennessee. Perhaps he should reconsider. 33-30 Weak Florist
Big XII –
The Pirate takes the upper hand and stays undefeated on the year. OSU,
OU and UT are all a game back and the first two are going to have a
chance to knock TT off the top of the hill down the stretch. In the
North, it appears that UM and KU are on course to settle the division
title on the field the final week with the winner heading to KC.
– The Schlonghorns made a hell of an effort to bring this one back from
the dead, but The Pirate had his team execute a masterful final drive
to cap the victory. Now, Leach needs to keep his team focused with two
tough games (and Baylor) on the horizon. 39-33 Red Raiders
Texas Tech Fans
– For being too stupid to know that the game wasn’t over yet… twice.
– If you didn’t close the season out with Colorado, I’d wonder if you
would be able to pick up that sixth win to be bowl eligible. Then
again, you gave up 49 points in the first half to Bradfart en route to
this crushing defeat. 62-28 Oklahomo
– It’s tough to come back from 31-0 at the half… on the road… against
your in-state rival. The winner of the KSU/NU game in two weeks might
be the last team in as far as bowl games are concerned. 52-21 Jayhawks
– a2m goes down early, but stiffens up in the end. The Buffed are
horrible, and are not in good shape, but if they can beat ISU and NU,
they can still play in postseason. 24-17 Faggies
– The ‘Clones will be staying home this December as they pick up their
seventh loss, not that any of us are surprised. Colorado might be the
only winnable game they have left. 59-17 Cowpies
– The Bears hung tough and were tied with Mizzou heading into the final
quarter. Unfortunately for them, they couldn’t hold on and drop to 3-6.
Big East –
WV holds on to the top spot with Pitt and Cincy nipping at their heels.
Strip Mall U
– To be tied for last in your conference, yet bowl eligible is a
testament to your weak schedule. The Chimp, CT and WV could put you on
a serious slide by the time selections hit. 24-10 Bearcats
– Not much second-half defense going on for Yuke-on. 35-13 Wet Vagina
– For giving the Juice their first league win. 28-21 Saltine Warriors
Big Ten –
State Penn rests up for the final stretch. Iowa and MSU are the last
best hopes to end JoePoo’s twilight run. Taint and MSU are waiting to
step up if the Ninny Lions fail.
– Meatchicken in a bowl? Fuhgetabowdet! D1ck Del Taco’s failure is now
complete as a 42-point display is not enough to defeat the mighty
Boilermakers. 48-42 Hard Hat-wearing Train People
– We knew it was bad, but you just lost to a MAC team… even if they are
better than your own conference's Michigan. 37-34 Chippewas
– The momentum from beating Dr. Zook is gone and Michigan St. keeps
their Rose Bowl hope alive. 25-24 Spartans
– Snuck up into the rankings only to be beaten back by another
turnaround team. 24-17 Northworstern
– The ‘Eyes turned on the jets toward the end, but it was a little too
late. Dr. Zook had already left the office for the day. 27-24 Illini
– Marshall and Ecoo are two games ahead of the rest and square off this
week for the lead in the East. Tulsa is in control in the west with
Houston right behind and Rice ready to jump on fails.
– Bad luck for the Cougars. Broken legs and broken division leads.
– “BcS Buster” status has officially been revoked. 30-23 Hogs
– With Tulame playing teams like Bama and Ellesseaux, one does wonder
if they shouldn’t travel a bit further to play opponents more suited to
them. 35-10 Purple Tigers
– After bending over for much of the year, Southern Piss comes alive
and rings up 70… in three quarters. 70-14 Eagles.
– The Rice Truck rolls in to El Pisso and puts the University of North
Mexico back in the L column. 49-44 Rice
– This had to be one of the ugliest finishes I’ve seen in quite some
time. Clearly, neither of these shitbag teams wanted to win that badly
since they kept giving the ball away. Punt, Int for Ecoo and Punt,
Fumble, Int for UniCeF. 13-10 Butt Pirates on an OT field goal.
– Navy gets their sixth win this week. I guess it still counts, even if
it was against Temple.
– The Zoomies had an easy win this week. 16-7 Falcons in the Special Academy Pillowfight of the Week
– For not letting us kick North Texas around this week. 51-40 Mean Green
– Because we hate you, and always will. If not for the Juice, The
Domers might be home for for the Holidays. Regardless, Wanstache smacks
the weeble in this OT field goal suck-fest. 36-33 Pitt
– Bulls and Zips meet in two weeks to possibly decide the East. CMU and
Ball St. seem to be on course for a final week showdown in the West.
– It doesn’t look much better down the stretch for the Bobcats. 2-10 is
highly possible. 32-19 BuffaBulls
– Back in the L column. At least your next game is Temple. 45-30 Falcons
– Good job on getting that solid grasp on last place in the West. 31-10
– Could it have been Navy’s conditioning and depth that helped them
score 20 in the fourth to force overtime? Nah, it was probably because
you suck. 33-27 Midshipmen
– TCU and Utah face off this week for the lead and a shot at a BcS
spot. BYU and AF are a game back in the hunt for the league title.
San Diego St.
– Ancient Mexicans were no match for guys who herd cattle and have
guns. 35-10 Wyoming
– The Rammed put up a good fight against the Mormons, but comes away
empty once again. 45-42 Cougars
– The Horny Toads just had too much firepower for the Rebellion to deal
with. 44-14 Frogs
– “These two Utes” survive the death struggle with the Spanish Wolves
to keep their hopes alive for things beyond the MWC. 13-10 Utah
Pac 10 –
Trojans and Beavers and Bears, oh my! The league picture will come a
bit more into focus when Cal heads to the Coliseum this week and to
Canedom Territory then next.
– The Donalds can’t capitalize on five, yes I said five Hippie
turnovers and struggled to find yardage in the air in this rainy one.
– After what looked like another good start for Pink, the Scum Devils
have lost six in a row and are one loss from staying home for the
holidays. At least they have UDub and Wazzou next. 25-27 Beavers
– Without looking at the actual statistics, Wazzou has to be close to
the bottom in scoring defense. Probably are in scoring offense too.
– Whatever I said about UDub’s cross-state rival, just send it to
Xerox. 56-0 Trojans
Sun Belt –
The Cajuns are in command, and meet Troy on the 22nd for the lead. ASU
is also not out of it just yet.
– Tough shutout loss against Satan. 35-0 Tide
University on Eighth Street – The Cajuns are Ragin’. 49-20
– Louisiana-The Clown takes a chunk out of your conference title hopes.
I can’t figure out why these guys had three non-rivalry OOC games this
week. Nevertheless, UFaG takes hold in the East and Uga will need a
miracle (UFaG losing to both Vandy and Stevil) to make it to the ATL.
The Tiahd roll on, but could make things interesting in the West if
they drop a loss to LSU this week. Win, and they clinch the division.
That Cow College
– The bad news is that since Tubbs fired his OC, the War Eagle is 0-3
and averaging only 15.3 ppg and getting worse every week. The good news
is that they have UT Martin coming to town this week and those numbers
should be artificially inflated. Regardless, 4-1 has turned into tied
for last in the SEC-W and with Uga and Bama looming, it doesn’t look
good for Tube Steak. 17-7 Ole’ Piss
– For letting K-Y block the XP that would have saved the game for you.
– That’s twice, now, that the Dawgs were humiliated in a big game with
their national ranking on the line. This result almost makes us look
decent. 49-10 Teablow
– Fat Phil is finally offing himself. The Vols have a two-game buffer
on last place in the East. 27-6 Stevil and the Fighting Chickens
– Boise is still undefeated and on cruise control. SJ can take them in
the unlikely event the Broncos drop two of their remaining league
– LaTech wins a close one by putting up almost 400 yards. 38-35 Bulldogs
– The Rainbows allow Aggies #1 to snap their four-game losing streak.
Must be the altitude, or jetlag, or something. 30-14 Utah St.
– The Vandals continue to rummage around the basement with no lights.
New Mexico St.
– Aggies #2 hosted undefeated Boise St. The Broncos return to the blue
turf unscathed. 49-0 BSU