Each week, CanesOverHere's very own DarthIbis produces Epic
Fails of the week. These are college football's embarassments
and colossal failures, for those unfamiliar with the tradition.
Here is this week's latest, also seen at: this link on CanesOverHere.com's football
Here's the second installment
chronicling the events from this past week.
Actually pulled an unexpected 3-1 outside the league this week, thus
handing off the "worst BCS conference" crown (for now.)
- For only putting up 9 points and 288 yards against the worst defense
in the conference (Clemson - their defense gave up an average of 423
yards in their first two games.)
GT vs VT
- GT played in their second consecutive "Pillowfight of the Week." Look
for them to make it three in a row against Mississippi St.
- I didn't see it, but rumor has it that Flubberneck got a gift this
College for Girls - For being three weeks into the season
and having not yet played a team from division 1-A.
- What else can I say? 45-10 loss at UConn pretty much says it all.
- For whining about the late field goal against UFaG. It's not about
how classy they are (because we know they aren't.) It's about us
keeping our composure, even when things don't go our way. No Excuses,
- For still thinking they are the best team in the league while in the
midst of playing four consecutive doormats.
- For thinking their victory against Rutgers was meaningful.
- While pulling off the big upset after failing last week against
MTSU... for giving up 21 in the 4th against a Berkley team that had
been pwn3d all day and almost letting them back in the game.
Big XII -
- For postponing Texas vs. Arkansas.
- For giving the game away (final drive interception) to Strip Mall U.
- losing the 4th quarter 14-2 (and consequently the game) against your
Trophy - For being possibly the most unoriginal rivalry
trophy. (And you're sponsored by a grocery store?)
Big East -
For making a strong case for the "worst BCS conference" spot.
- For the Chimp getting plowed by his former boss.
- For making State Penn look like world-beaters.
Big Ten -
- Losing to Notre Dame, what else?
- For pretending to be a top-five team
- For struggling with Fresno St.
- See above in regards to Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Trophy.
- 20-17 against the Ragin' Cajuns... at home.
- For pretending to be a winning team after beating two MAC teams and
Montana St. They play FAU next week.
- Although they are weak, not too many unexpected results here.
- For their nail-biter with Tulane.
- For having a scoreless second half against Vandy.
- For taking a beating from Pirate Captain Leach.
- For not being in a conference.
- For losing to Dook.
- for being too fat to get clear of the play coming toward him on the
- 41-7 against 'Bama... ouch!
Buffalo - For televising this putrid game.
- For needing 14 4th quarter points to beat Charleston Southern
- Exceeding expectations.
- For needing two 4th quarter field goals to beat 1-AA North Dakota St.
Pac Ten -
Except for the Trojans, the conference is jealous of the ACC and Big
East's failures and want to also be in consideration for "worst BCS
conference." 3-7 this week against some pretty weak competition.
- For getting pwn3d by Maryland 35-27 (scoring 21 of 27 in the 4th.)
- For getting rammed up the Wazzou by Baylor 45-17. (The Circus did not
- For losing to the Horny Toads 31-14.
- 59-0 from the Mormons. (Didn't see that coming.) By the way, From the
looks of the goose egg for the fourth quarter, it appears that BYU
called off the dogs.
- 55-14 loss to Oklahomo. UDub has been outscored 127 to 51 in three
- For losing to 1-2 New Mexico.
- Overtime loss to UNLV. So much for anyone touching USC this year.
Sun Belt -
For attempting to play football at D 1-A level.
Not much else going on here this week other than a couple almost-upsets
not worth mentioning (since they "failed" to win.)
North Texas getting reamed by LSU is business as usual.
SEC - Their
refs can have a permanent spot up here as far as I'm concerned.
Texas - See above reference to Ike.
- For fumbling away the tying TD against Georgia.
That Cow College
vs. Mississippi St. - For a final score of 3-2.
- For getting a lucky break.
- For needing 10 4th quarter points for a come-from-behind victory
against Middle Tennessee St.
WAC - For
having a 2-6 record this week.
- For giving up nearly 70 points.
- For losing to the 1-2 Beavers 45-7.
- For getting vandalized by a MAC team (Western Michigan) 51-28.
- For a 58-10 loss to Utah.
- For scoring only 10 points at home against a beatable Badger squad.
San Jose St.
and Boise St.
- For beating teams that are bad enough to be in the WAC.
Jay Wilson is a frequent contributor on CanesOverHere.com
and resides near COH headquarters in Charlotte, NC. He can be reached
About Jay * Articles
Index * Home * Forums